Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Prayer Requests 2/7/07


Feature: Throwback picture of a throwback guy

Hey guys - I'm still here in NY, but I started a new job a few months ago. The hours are much better, but being in finance is pretty stressful and tiring at times. I've been pretty disillusioned by the industry, and sometimes I wonder if it's just not a good fit. I should give it some more time, but pray that I would have more discernment and sensitivity to what God might be pressing on me. Most importantly, I need to rest in God - I get really anxious and restless at times, and sometimes I feel flat-out lost. I need to be reminded that God is much bigger than my circumstances and stop being so self-focused. People are dying around me and all I do is whine about my job! Thanks everyone.

~Mark

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha..i like that picture of mark.

ive been doing the bible in a year, but still not praying. I got to Job when hes crying out for someone to speak on his behalf to God...all i could think was...i have that and dont take advantage of it!! WHY?!? For the first time in a long time i repented last night. Not for a long time but about some things that ive been hoarding in my mind/heart and allowing to consume me. Today was good. I need to stop living for me and the life that I think I want and surrender it to God and trust that he has something so much better for me. Prayer request: talk with God daily and daily repentance. thanks guys! hang in there.

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise nite is next week . . . i have to make a skit for tomorrow's lrg grp, our praise nite group for next week, and a filler for praise nite. I'm not trying to brag, I'm begging for prayer, for creative juices, for strength to fight my sinful heart that is so worried about what people will think of me and my crappy skits. Please PRAY FOR ME, PLEASE!!! Also I'm now leading the drama ministry here, that will be interesting, but again more prayer please! Take 30 seconds right now and pray!!! then take another 30 seconds for treece and another for mark :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home