Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Prayer Requests 11/15/06


Feature: man's man, nice shorts. . .

god has been GREAT
he has provided me with a job (and even though there are plenty of frustrations, i can honestly say that i love what i do), he has provided me with a great girlfriend (thats right, i said it... it doesnt mean im getting soft, so i dont wanna hear any crap from anybody). and he has provided me with a great church.
so why do i have so little faith?
i went in to teaching because i really felt like it was god who was telling me that he can use me through teaching and coaching to reach kids and the other teachers around me. one big problem for me is that out of fear of keeping my job, i have been more concerned about looking good in front of administration and classroom management skills rather than glorifying god. i end up frustrated with students (i have already thrown a few profanities their way), frustrated with all the hoops i have to jump through to impress my boss, and i end up losing sight of what this is all about. it is god who provided this job for me in the first place and it is Him who will take care of everything i need, so i dont need to worry about pleasing people, i need to worry about pleasing him. please pray for me, that he will use me to reach these kids. i remember back to when i was in h.s. and looking up to my coaches, id do anything they told me to. i recognize that i have such a HUGE opportunity to lead these kids to christ, but i have a huge opportunity to lead these kids away too. please pray for me that i will be more intimate in my walk with christ so that my actions will be spirit -led.
prayer request #2,
so me and averi have been going out for a while and things have been going really well... we have started to see a pastor (not for pre-marital counseling) to make sure im not totally screwing this up. he has been really encouraging and the more we talk to him, the more i do see this whole thing heading towards marriage (pretty scary). theres a lotta things god has to do in my life to prepare me to become the man He wants me to be so i can lead a family. even if things dont work out with averi.. i really should prepare and make the changes necessary to become a more responsible man of god. please pray for me in this area.

phil

6 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger sukshin said...

Since I just made this I'll post first . . .
All I can say is God is really streching me and I feel like breaking down or blowing up. I just keep thinking, just keep going just keep trying don't stop don't worry just do it. Sometimes I come close to crying, but I stop and think to myself, "who is Jesus to you?" then I cry because I have to repent. Seriously though, please pray for submission: that I'd give my life everyday by sacrificing in praying for hundreds of things in my life, studying for class 6+ hours a day, spending QUALITY time in His Word, being a LIGHT to my children to my small group members to every person I come into contact with, to STOP and talk with GOD cause I'm slowing dying each day I don't pray . . . He HAS TO BECOME MORE IN MY LIFE and I HAVE TO BE LESS OF ME!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger sukshin said...

Hi guys!
I feel you on the dying without prayer sugs. My prayer life has been WEAK lately and it's totally killing me. It's been a while since I've gotten DEEP DEEP into that personal intimacy with God. I need to get my priorities straight. School has been killing me and the residents at work have been really getting to me. I haven't been filling up with my daily does of JC and it's showing.
anyways, pray that i'd be diligent and disciplined with my schoolwork. pray that I'd DAILY lay my burdens down at the cross in faith that God's got it no matter how crazy the day may be. one last random PR, but very important: pray that I'd resolve my commitment issues and be more decisive. thanks.
deb

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys!
This week has been super productive so far, which will allow me to take some vacation time next week. Weekends have been very blessing these days, why you ask? Becuase I've been able to spend time with some of the R&R boys, good times of fellowship and deep conversations about EVERYTHING. I am beginning to grasp the importance of fellowship and also being part of a community. My community these days has been the R&R boys and Calvary Young Adult Group. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve at Calvary in different ministries, it really helps to have an official serving role at church, since it forces me to "DO" when I don't feel like it.
Ok, so prayer requests: I need to fear God, I realize I don't fear God. Throughout the book of Proverbs in says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, knowledge, etc." And what I desire is wisdom and knowledge. So please pray that I will learn what it means to fear the Lord, is this a hard concept to grasp or is it just me? What does that mean? Fear the Lord? In reverence for His holiness? Lastly, please pray that I will spend my leisure time wisely, no more mindless tv watching, but use my time to read the word and good books. Thanks

steve "da boks" lee

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger sukshin said...

Hey guys,
God has been just speaking to me about abiding in Him. (john 15:7-8). my last qt's with him have been sooo good because God has been showing me, the only burden i have is to abide in Him. to remain in Him and let His Word remain in me. and it's no burden at all. THEN if i just stay in Him & bear fruit, these things bring glory to God and He will answer my prayers. again. all about Jesus. Last week i was sick and the last thing i did was spend time with Jesus. so please pray for me also, that i just spend time with God in every moment of the day. and also please pray for diligence. there's a lot of things to do for work, and for the youth group too. i'm kind of being a little... too not stressed about it at all/borderline-no-big-deal-mentality. please pray i'll do everything to honor God. thanks guys. will be keeping you guys in my prayers too. :) nars.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what to say, what to say...
well, i'm feeling a tad schizo these days. i'm very much aware of how good He is to me, but also very much aware of how rebellious i can be. it makes for really high points and really low points during my days. apparently, the two natures are really fighting it out, and it's tiring and painful. i need quality daily time with Him or i become a very frustrated and confused person. i need daily time with him to remember that i can trust him. and i need daily time with him so my convictions stay convictions. so please pray those daily times actually happen.

thanks people,
esther

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiho all,
I've been so stagnant... I need to move, spiritually and physically. All I can hear in my head is "ACTIONS!!!" Please pray that I really fight my heart, for a heart of prayer, and a life of ACTIONS!!!
~Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home