Sunday, October 29, 2006

Prayer Requests 10/30/06

Feature: Sharnus-Monkeyball-Lee, thug life . . .

Holla!!!
I've been missing you guys a lot recently... I miss just going to ramshaw/roland and just vegging. Being at home has been real rough, besides trying to find a job, I'm under the constant scrutiny of my parents. I consistently feel defeated.
BUT, REVIVAL WAS AWESOME!!! GEORGE VERWER IS THE MAN!!! hahahaha. For me, the most resounding thing he said was "action." No matter what I'm thinking, no matter what the intent, that it doesn't matter without any actions. Please pray that I'm full of ACTIONS!!! Instead of wanting to do things ( i.e. QTs) to just do it. Please also pray for strength, that I may continue to fight. THANX BROS!!!
~sharon

8 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Sorry for no prayer request for a long time!

Anyhow, life is the same old yet different every day.

My prayer request is this:
1. Please pray that I may desire to fight..I give up way too easily. Pray that i will always strive to see the bigger picture- that it's not about me, but about God..what His will is in my life.

2. Graduate school- I found a professor that I would love to work under, pray that God will open doors- and well I guess..get into that school! hah.

HOpe everyone is doing well, Miss ya all- God bless my familia :)

-herie-

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger sukshin said...

I have been struggling with my thoughts a lot lately, thoughts about what am I going to do next year, have I really grown, am I REALLY a Christian? These doubts have caused me long nights, lots of sinning, and unpleasant mood swings. I feel like such a loser, dirty, hypocrite, liar, cheater, loser, and a lot more unrepeatable words. I've gone from blessed to rage to depressed all in a matter of hours. I feel so exposed, worthless, ashamed, alone and helpless all at once. But then I have to go to a CFC mtg and we have to pray and I sit there fighting my thoughts and I don't want to, I want to quit and let Satan run me into the ground even kill me. In those moments I think about how selfish I am, how much of a prideful little cry-baby I am, and I still want to give up. I start to pray but I feel so fake, I get frustrated and quit. I try again, desperate, God help me to be broken, then a verse/sermon/advice/talk with someone comes into mind, today was, 2 Cor. 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." So I cried and repented again and again until I started to really understand. After the meeting's over, I've had another "dramatic" moment; I've had a lot these days, just being too sensitive I guess, but I come back home ready to try to live again.
I realize this is not because of the CFC mtgs, my will power, or even a desperate state of emotion. It's because of Jesus' love for me and the prayers He uses from my friends/family that are praying for me. That point of not giving up was allowed only by God's power and the prayers of others He answered to keep me going. Prayer is our weapon against sin, and when I don't use mine someone else uses theirs to fight for me.
Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to encourage you guys to pray not just for me, but just pray. My prayer request is that I'd use MY weapon to fight for you guys when you don't want to use yours. That is all :)
~sugs

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last friday my cooperating teacher told me she was going to give me a poor evaluation. She claims she doesn't see me as the same person she did before the night i told her how i felt. with that in mind, please pray that i continue to give it my best and try to maintain a positive attitude... a good evaluation would be nice, but doing the best i can for my students and for God is my main priority. i will not let her break me again. Please also pray for my APT exam on saturday. its the last exam i have before being certified as a teacher. Have a great week everyone.

-sitha

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys,
i really need to learn to give my best to God no matter what i'm doing. i have such a coasting mentality in all that i do. please pray that no matter where i am--at school, church, home--i would fight to have the right attitude to do everything for Him. that i wouldn't be such a half-hearted christian.

thanks for any prayers directed at gcg. honestly, there's a lot of grace in that group and i really do feel the effects of your prayers. so THANKS.

esther

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this week has been a hard week. I've seen how weak i am and nothing without God. its midterm time and for the first time ever i studied my butt off and still got B's. normally b's are ok but if i get a C in any of my classes I fail and then I'm out. So ive been studying more and spending less time with God. Then this weekend a friend came to visit, who tested me in every way. by the end of the weekend I was tired, stressed and unwilling to fight my heart. she tests me like no one has ever tested me and sadly i sent her off with an angry heart and a lot of unresolved tension. still this morning after taking my midterm, exhausted from pulling an all nighter, i am unwilling to fight my heart and repent. i still have another midterm on wed and tons of paper work. i guess just pray that i stop, spend time with the Lord and repent. ive been carrying a lot around this past week and i feel the burden on my shoulders. sadly soemtimes we choose to carry the burderns for as long as we can instead of surrendering it to God. so stupid. and pray for my relationship with my friend. its REALLY hard for me to want to be friends with them and dont understd what God wants out of our friendhship.

hang in there guys! this weekend made me so thankful for you guys! pray hard!

treece

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys!
sorry dudes and dudettes for my lack of updating and honestly, lack of prayer for each of you. I just read through the existing prs, i.e. sharon-treece and they are all very encouraging. Honestly, its just a blessing to see you guys post your prs and update about current struggles, since, for me, I realize the spiritual battle exists for everyone and not just ME! I know, such a self centered perspective, but like Herie said, its not about me.

alright, time for steve's update:
Works been going well, I just started another project and I have a BUTT LOAD of work to do, but the nice thing about this current project is that it gives me a lot of flexibility in terms of when/where I can work. Work has always been a struggle for me, in that, I catch myself always striving to find approval from my coworkers and working to get a good evaluation and not for GOD. So, I am constantly closing my eyes and repenting and trying to change my attitude and outlook of work. I am also tyring to get promoted to senior this year, which is pretty hard since the normal time frame is 3-4 years, but I am trying to do it in within 2 years. So, I need to really strive to keep focused and ask God for wisdom on "why" I want to be a senior and will my promotion maximize His glorification or steve lee's? I honestly feel that I can be an awesome senior, in terms of mentoring and being a leader, but then again there is the sinful side of the "title". So, please pray that I will just work to honor and glorify God and see what happens.

Church has been going well, I signed up for the new commers committee hoping to really get plugged into the english congregation and begin to serve.

One thing that has really been on my mind is singlehood! I had a really good conversation with my pastor, in which we spoke about the blessings of being single. So many times I get caught up in thinking, "man, my life would be so much better if I was married". But, after much thought and discussion, I've come to the realization that my current state, single, is exactly where God wants me to be, and His will is PERFECT! So, with this time that God has given me, the question remains; How will I spend my time?
Will I waste my time watching movies, tv, starcraft, browsing internet sites? Or will I really spend quality time with God in prayer, reading constructive books, serving the church, and spending quality time with others? And of course, I would like to do the later, but my natural desire is to do the first.

So, Steve's PRs:

1) A heart that wants to honor and glorify God at work, esp. with the potential of being promoted.

2) A strong desire to really spend my leisure time wisely, not wasting hours watching television, movies, internet browsing, but filling it with God's word and investing in others.

Thanks Guys, I miss you all too, though I don't show it well. I will try much better through praying for you all.

your brother and fellow solider for Christ.

steve "bok jabs" lee

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for keeping me on this prayer chain, even though this is the first time I've checked it in a month. Dang it! I feel like such a parasite... whenever I need prayer, I conveniently show up and post a comment. haha, I'll try to do a better job of praying for you guys too.

But I got some good news: I quit my job today! Oh yeah! Man, I feel like an uncaged animal... like a freed slave. After a year and a half of getting owned by investment banking, I finally threw in the towel. What an incredible feeling. Wish you guys could see this right now - I'm going crazy.

I'm going to take some time off to think about what I should do next. Gotta spend some quality time with Jesus because I don't think he appreciates it when I knock out on him every time. haha. But I gotta get my life together again... felt like a chicken with my head cut off for the past year. I'll still be here in NYC (at least for another year), but looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Hopefully, you'll recognize me (it's been a long time).

-Mark

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canada Goose Jakke,u6kw93, Playoff 13s,e7of68, Canada Goose,l4lg44, Moncler Outlet,w8op48,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home