Monday, September 18, 2006

Prayer Requests 9/18/06


It's Estaflava's Bday today! Wish her a Happy 25th!!



Featured Prayer Request this week: Nurse Mels

Hi Guys,
Long time no update, eh?
Well, I started school about a month ago and so far it's been hard trying to balance school with my clinicals and work at Starbucks. More than the actual workload, it's the erratic hours I need to be awake that are taking a major toll on my body. The late night studying and crazy early hours at work/clinical (i start work at 4:15AM and clinicals at 6:30AM) is throwing off my circadian rhythm and my crazy sleep schedule is crazier than ever, which is affecting my academic life. Please pray that I would condition my body and use my time effectively.
Also, please pray that I would find a church. I went to a huge well known church called McLean Bible Church because I heard such great things about it but was disappointed and turned off by its rock concert-like production. I am going to give it a couple of more tries so please pray that I would have an open heart and not be so critical.
Lastly, please pray that I would stop depending on my own strength but admit that I can't do anything without Him. I feel defeated and tired and I need Him.
Thank you all. I miss you guys!

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

I'll keep this short and sweet. I need to find a church and accountability. I tried to go to church yesterday and I literally could not find it. I walked around for 45mins...asked some cops but still no church. Either I'm blind and stupid, or else there are darker forces at work keeping me from Jesus. Cause yesterday....i really needed some Jesus. Unfortunately instd of Jesus, I went to Barnes and read up on my celebrity friends. I've been reading the bible on the train to keep me afloat but the praying thing has been a no go. Its like I've forgotten how to pray. I know I wont survive here without God, a church and accountability..so please pray for those. I miss you guys!! have a great week!

treece

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger sukshin said...

It was great to see Steve and Esther this past week. Everytime I see you guys, it encourages me to fight harder, but alas I'm a sinful wreck this week. Please pray that I'd learn to "be still and listen". I feel like I am driven so much by my emotions and my attitude at the moment, that I do not REALLY take in God's lessons. This weeks bible study was on "Family of the Light" and talked about how Jesus says my brother is one who hears and does what I say . . . that's what I want, not just a quick fix, but to really understand and live. Thanks for your prayers!

~sugs

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys

First time postin' to the blog. Please pray that I would really fight and monitor my sinful tendencies. I am really trying to monitor my intake of news and entertainment, since I realize that most of the things on tv, movies, music are not the most true, noble, pure, admirable, nor lovely (Phillipian 4:8). I am really trying to think and live my life as worship to God. Please pray that I would always be thankful and that my desire to know God personally would continue to progress. thanks guys.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Lee's PR above

 

Post a Comment

<< Home