Prayer Requests 10/9/06

This week's feature prayer: Mr. October, AG!! Dang he looks good!
Hey everyone,
I'm thankful for all you guys. With that being said my prayer request is a simple one. To build deeper relationships with all of you, as well as my coworkers. It took me a while but God helped me realize that I can't live this life being a loner with just me and Jesus, that's a little selfish on my part. I need to be a better friend to others, get involved with peoples lives and stop being so dang comfortable and lazy. God has done a lot of work in this area, and he has so much more to do! I take joy in that, knowing that I still have a long way to go, cause if my current state is God's finished product, oh man we are all screwed! All kidding aside, that's the one thing that's been on my heart the most. To build deeper relationships with people and to be Jesus to others. Likewise I look forward to seeing Jesus in you guys and seeing a different view on God that I would never get on my own.
Prayer request #2 is a follow up to PR#1. I don't want to talk/pray great things and do nothing about it. May James 2:14 be on my heart and mind. I just want to do with the mindset of glorifying God, and let the Holy Spirit take care of the rest.

7 Comments:
Hey everyone!
im getting sick of myself being miserable and sad all the time. so what?? i have a lot of work to do... my teacher yells at me... i feel like other student teachers have it much easier than me... blah blah blah! who cares?? i actually started counting the number of days left until im done with student teaching, and i realized how pathetic i was acting.
i have a bad attitude! so please pray for me. the storm is here, but there's no need for me to keep being miserable and depressed. pray that i continue to just give it my best one day at a time. God wants me here at wescott, so pray that i don't disappoint Him!
-sitha
I feel so excited these days about life . . . i keep getting encouraged to keep loving Him, keep praying to Him, keep living Him and everytime I get out of focus, it's because he's revealing another weakness in me that I need to give to Him. Please pray that I'll continue to be burned, that the dross will continue to be taken away until I am a clear reflection of the master. Please pray specifically for my personal times in the Word and Prayer, P.Min gave a sermon this past weekend about both those things and during skit practice for the message we made a scene about how we think those two topics are boring, and I was thinking, man these are the two secrets to the Christian life! If you can do these two things well, you will be lead to an unending-fulfilling-joyful-experience with God. SO pray that I will live to master those two things in my life! Thanks . . . here's my encouraging song for the week courtesy of Waikong for bringing it back to my life:
Ginny Owens - "If You Want Me To"
How do I play music on these posts?
dangit I keep forgetting to put my name in . . . sugs
hello my dear friends who i miss so much!
this week was a good week. its amazing how life seems so much better when you have Jesus. nothing externally really changed, just my attitude and I realize how much i have to be thankful for. I did two QTs last week and tried to pray everyday and it made such a difference. still struggling with a lot of things, but it doesnt seem so hopeless anymore. i totally relate to sitha...feeling overwhelmed and wanting to cry at times...but thankfully i relate with sugs too. excited about life and what God has in store for me. Thinking a lot about the future, but trying to stay focus on what needs to be done now. So please pray that I keep depending on God. Reading the word and deepening my relationship with God. Thanks for your prayers guys! I AM praying for you at least once a week so SEND THEM IN!! love you all! God bless! BIG HUGS FOR EVERYONE!:) ~treece
oh and i found a church...yiipppeee!! it rocks! you must all visit! ~treece
hello peoples,
last week's bible study for my college group was about the crazy power of God--and it got me thinking/frustrated why christians lack power--i dont mean like supernatural power, but you know, power to overcome sin and be more christlike. so i realized that yep, i'm definitely not plugged into the power source--seriously reading the bible and praying does wonders. i had a really good day today--i think i actually fought? please pray that i would stay attached to God.
and i too am going to jump on the 'i'm thankful for all of you' bandwagon
-esther-
hey everyone!
even though i meet with God daily, and those times are sooo needed for me to get through my day in Grace, the HEART i meet with him is not consistent. sometimes it's gets so hard to see God, and i get discouraged.
these last few days, God's been revealing more sins in my heart. i live for the praise of man/eyes of people, pridefulness and self righteousness, not full of God's real love for people, i love sleep too much, everything in my life screams inconsistency (it's really a heart issue)...and some nights i get so easily confused with Satan's voice and Gods voice because they are both using scripture and then i want to die. pray that i repent and live for God.
and with the changes happening with youth group, i need a LOT of wisdom and grace, relating and submitting to my interim youth pastor especially, and depending on God knowing that the growth of the youth group is His responsibilty, and His Will will be done. thanks for your prayers!! will be praying for you guys too!!
love nars.
Post a Comment
<< Home