Monday, October 02, 2006

Prayer Requests 10/2/06


This weeks feature is our other nurse . . . no not me, Treece!

HI guys,

Honestly...if you asked me how my first month in NY has been last week
I would have (and may I remind you, if I was really honest) responded.
It sucks! Day one I've been bogged down with TONS of reading, I
seriously have momentary anxiety attacks that I dont have what it
takes to make it through the program, I dont really have friends or
family here and it's been a lonely first month. but something in last
weeks prayer requests challenged me to examine my attitude. I have
been doing A LOT of complaining in my heart on why things have to be
so hard, but NEVER ONCE asked God for help. But this weekend I got so
desperate that I actually did a QT. Ive been having a hard time
praying for my meals...so 1 QT is a big deal for me guys! Suddenly God
reminded me of times when I felt alone and overwhelmed and how He was
always faithful in the past and will be in the future. He also showed
me things about my relationship or lack of relationship with Him. My
Christian life has always been dictated by my friends/family or
church. I know that makes sense in a way, but mine is in a very
unhealthy way. I always hid behind the faith of the ppl around me.
Being very vague about how im doing and never allowing anyone to
challenge me. It got to the point where I couldnt pray or read the
bible, but still seemed like I was doing ok. Ive coasted this far and
grown really unhappy b/c its like a torn in my side. You cant run from
it. So of course when Im down...God has to kick it in so hard that I
gotta deal with it. While I have no friends, Jesus wants to be my best
friend. Im ok with the idea now...Im actually pumped. But I know my
fickle heart...next week Ill be totally hating on God. So my prayer
request is that I will daily fight. I need to pray daily even if its 5
mins. I need to learn to talk to God, to let him in and learn His
heart. To do my QT at least twice a week. Being realistic and working
up. And I need to find a home church. I realize I keep on saying I
want good fellowship...blah blah blah. I just need 1-2 girls I can
openly share with, who will challenge me and who will walk and fight
together.

Oh and that I dont fail out of my program. :)

Yep..thats it. sorry its so long. I tried to keep it short and
positive, but for those of you who know me...know that sometimes its
not possible. But thanks for loving me as I am and your prayers! miss
you all!

~treece

7 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola my brothers and sisters!

How are you guys?! Everyone, come visit us in cali!!

Here's my PRQ:
1. I have finally found a church I really want to commit to. Please pray that I will be fully committed, I tend to have this half heartedness..please let me fight this.

2. I am applying to graduate school for next year. I just took my GRE's Saturday- and praise the Lord, I am DONE :) Please pray that during this time I may really surrender everything up to God- and that graduate school will not be a way to better myself by educating myself, but that this may be used for His glory and Kingdom.

3. Please pray for my excuse of busyness.My life will never slow down, and if I never make God my priority- I will never have time for Him.

THANKS GUYS~ *muah*

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, the hola my bros and sistas is by HERIE :) one and only~

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friends!
Being here in Cali... i'm reminded of the importance of accountabilty. This time next week, i'm going to fully committ to a church. So, I need to really pray about it.
- Pray that I'll pray, esp. for a church
- pray that i'll spend time in the Word
- pray that i'll be faithful with my work as a "Speech Teacher"
- pray that i won't compromise with what the world tells me

Miss you ALLLLLLL! Suz4realz

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hihi everybody,
If ya'll get this before tomo... Please pray for me today @1:30, I got a job interview with Hampton in champaign. I'm really excited and nervous, but I really want to trust Him with it and do all things for his glory. THANX!!!!
Sharon

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first things first, GIRLS i miss all of you strewn about the country. and debbie why so mia? so mia that we run into your younger sister but not you. and a special hang in there to treece, your presence is sorely missed, you have no idea.

in terms of pr:
one HUGE lesson God has been trying to teach me so far is 2Tim 2:1-being strong in God's grace--what does that really mean anyhow? as i'm faced with weakness after weakness, please pray it would lead me into deeper relationship with him. and that i would become that much more thankful for the Gospel and that much more convinced in its power to change me.

also, please pray for my future, really do i want to be a lawyer? and what kind do i want to be? good lord.

thanks guys : )
-esther-

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger sukshin said...

awesome, thanks for posting . . . girls. wtf are the guys?!

Anyway, God is good, but I suck; that is what I learn everyday. I am so blessed to be able to go to lrg grp, sunday service, helper's mtg, servant's mtg, and all the prayer mtg's. I am not going to be one of those people that regrets not going to everything *wink* no but seriuosly it is keeping me on the mountain, all this "accountability", but I really want to deepen my personal relationship with him. I could go to all the meetings in the world but it doesn't mean jack if I don't get on my knees alone in my room and meet with Him. God's been teaching me about HIS timing and how to follow it so please pray that I'd be patient, humble, and diligent. Love all you guys, miss you lots, pray on.
~sugs

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

things are going good up here for me. i moved into an apartment in the north side of chicago with my buddy who started discipling me a couple weeks ago. he has me listening to these sermon cd's by RC Sproul instead of going through a book, which is great cuz im not the best reader (phys ed teacher, go figure). rugby's going great, im getting some action on the first side and starting to build some good friendships with the guys on the team. i was able to tell a couple of'em about the missions trip to new zealand. as for teaching... i can use some help... i really enjoy the interaction with the kids and coachings... i only cuss them out every other day, but for the most part, its awesome. the thing that's hard is all the paperwork and dealing with administration and the night classes i gotta take. its actually quite a lotta work and i feel like i am constantly just trying to catch up with everything. i swear, the next time somebody gives me crap about being a gym teacher im gonna punch them in the face. it gets pretty stressful, and i feel bad cuz i know its god who got me this position in the first place... but i feel like i am more worried about brownnosing my principal and impressing other teachers than allowing god to use me. if you guys would pray for me about that, i sure would appreciate it. if you guys can pray that god would show me another teacher at taft who is christian to pray with once a week before school... i sure would appreciate it.
thankya
-phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home