Prayer Requests 11/6/06

Feature: How can you not pray for this man? He's so sexy . . .
whats up fellas,
i havent posted a prayer request yet so i guess its my turn this week. the last 3 months have been great, my vacation time ended up being a little longer then planned but its been a lot of fun. I need to now start looking for work. at first i didn't really feel too convicted about doing anything particular but now i really want to get into trading. so if you guys could pray for some opportunities to come my way that would be just dandy. also, im thinking about starting to go to calvary with steve and just hope i can start fighting again. after i left champaign its been so much harder for me to go to church. at first i didnt really think too much about it but after a little thought i realized i suck and am a ridiculous human being and really need to get back to church and fight to deny myself, atleast a little. thanks for all the prayers guys. cheerio.
-sam

7 Comments:
hahaha..i totally forgot about that picture of sammy. totally made my day. as always...school is kicking my butt. i have so much to do and what seems like very little time. Im going home this weekend for my moms birthday and i will have two exams waiting for me on monday. please pray that Ill be diligent this week and study my butt off so i can enjoy being home with the fam.
Church..I thought i found a church and the more i go to bible study and church services i realize that its very watered down. not that they dont love Jesus, but many are unwilling to go deeper. its so hard to find a solid church in nyc. ive gone to a new church for the past 3 weeks which i really like, but not sure if thats where God is calling me to go. I committed to praying and fasting the next two weeks so please pray for that. I havent fasted in over 2 years! studying and not eating are not two things that should go together!
thats all folks! cant wait for break and see all your lovely faces! keep at it guys!
-treece
hey guys.
Works been pretty busy this week, I have so much to do before Thanksgiving rolls around. Please pray that I will be diligent and complete my assignments with the right heart of trying to glorify God. Also, please pray that God will give me mucho mucho wisdom when it comes to my leisure time. I am really trying to fill my time with "spiritually" productive things; aka. read the word, prayer, reading a good book, but its soo hard to do these things. I really want to make the most of my life, each moment, no wasted time.
Church has been going excellent, I am really starting to like it at Calvary, at first, I was thinking about just joining the Youth group ministry, but I realize more and more that I can be much more EFFECTIVE within the young adult group. I also joined the new comers committee and that has been going well, I really have a heart for newcomers. Please pray for a potential believer named Burt. Burt is a Jimmy John's delivery man, whom I met while receiving a deliver from JJs. He was def. interested in coming out to Calvary and joining the young adult group for bible study on fridays. Please pray that as I contact him and encourage him to come out, that God would really work in his heart and lead him to church, whichever it may be.
Lastly, and most importantly, please pray that God will give me much wisdom and humility, because I need so much of both.
thanks
-steve "bok jabs" lee
Hey y'all- how are you?
Well, I think most of you guys got my e-mail message last week about my student. It has been quite hectic and emotional- yesterday was his wake..and it was really sad.
Anyways, with all this madness- i just realized I really need to invest in prayer for my kids. Honestly, my kids were never my priority- not even close to coming into my prayer list. How sad :(
Well, this has really made me think about my occupation and gave me an urgency to pray for them.
Also, I'm still in the process of applying to grad school. Please pray that I may write my personal statement with much wisdom and pray about it more.
Thanks guys..miss ya all..and very jealous that you guys get to eat together for thanksgiving. Have fun :)
-herie-
Hello my BESTEST of friends!!~ :)
Sorry for the hiatus on the PR's. Well, overall I'm really thankful for the smooth transition of moving to CA and finding a good church. But, i'm realizing how easily sin and temptation can creep in my heart in times of "coasting". And I too have lacked in prayer... not only for R&R but also in general.
SOOO:
1) please pray that I will always feel an urgency to pray
- pray for my committment to pray
2) Pray that i'll learn to love with Christ-like biblical love...
3) Pray for patience at work and with God's timing/sovereignty
Laterz skaterz :)
Suz
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nari's prayer request:
i'm sick & have the flu. please pray i get better before friday so i can hang out with my youth group kids. we are going wall climbing. (a little "yay" from nari).
prayer. essentially there are three teacher/helpers praying for 60 youth kids. it's a lot of kids to pray for every week... and we're starting to feel the strain. pray for wisdom. there is a better way. and i have to fight feeling overwhelmed and not wanting to even pray at all. the spirit is willing but the flesh is definately weak.
church. i need prayer to decide which small group to stick with. i know this is such a small issue, but i'm seriously paralyzed in picking between thet two! one is a young adult group, more comfortable. i feel like i "belong" because we're all young single working female christians. the other group is older, married couples but so mature and sg is DYNAMIC spiritually. i feel like i don't "belong" but i get blessed the moment i step foot in the house it's amazing. what's even more amazing is the ridiculous thought-feeling-battle i have to go through before i even get there. "i don't belong there, i have nothing to contribute, i'm the outside looking in. why are you even part of this?" it's ridiculous. i hate it. i think/feel this all the way to the the bible study. sometimes i sit in my car and think about whether God wants me to join the other bible study because of all these negative thoughts beforehand. and it's amazing. i really don't get any kind of resistance at all with the other group. what is up with that?
grr... this blog likes to throw away my posts... anyway I had a really intricate post about how I feel God is stretching me right now, but just pray that I'd hold on to the rock and be faithful!!! GAR i hate my sin, it makes me angry. Class is moving along but i have 1 MONTH left to finish!! I'm on schedule but I kinda want to be ahead with all the vacation stuff coming up, so please pray that I'd be diligent. Looking forward to seeing some of you next week for a short but valuable time.
~sugs
Post a Comment
<< Home