Prayer Requests 1/22/07

Feature: Just call her Ellie . . .
hi guys. thanks for putting me on this list :P please pray for me that i would desire God. since work started, i've been really selfish with my free time. it's been hard going to church or doing my quiet times because i just want to relax and my mentaility is "this is my time to relax..i need this time for me." my heart's grown hard and apathetic even though in my mind i know that i need God and i need to be near to Him again. i'm in need for some serious revival! thanks for your prayers!
~Younghee

5 Comments:
Hey Guys
Thanks sugs for continuing the rr prayer blog, I def. need the prayer. Please pray for my heart that I will not only fight on my own but also to depend on the holy spirit to help me overcome my sinful heart. I have come to the realization that I am such a fallen being, whose every inclination is against God's will, but I need to really live and breath the Word of God in order to live a life of holiness and be useful to God. The thing that is constantly turning me away from God's desire for my life is media. Please pray that I will really fight the desire to just veg after work and watch tv or movies and really cut the secular media out of my life almost completly. I really appreciate all your prayers and I will continue to check this blog to pray for y'all.
hello my family!
For me this year is all about initmacy and the future. Intimacy with God, meeting one-on-one daily. I must say the beginning of the semester went surprisingly well....God would not let me sleep until i prayed and did my QT. Those were tough mornings getting up after 4 hrs of sleep but totally felt a difference. But now Im so tired that i sleep even though I feel the urgency to meet with God. Please pray that I will be faithful day to day. Then the future. Im not sure how many of you know this but this past semester/break i felt God confirmed that I am called to the mission field. Sooo....much to pray for. Where to go next year, work, school and yes...the M word...Marriage/the man. He has to be called too...so yes...started praying for him whoever he may be. ok that was weird. Anyways, so far its been a great couple weeks back. hang in there guy..love you...miss you!
treece
hola,
you're welcome mr. steve, I have been in a bit of a grind these days, not because my life is hard by any means, but because I'm selfish. Yes, I am selfish and I only care for myself. Therefore, I am trying to turn from my selfish ways and carry a large piece of wood which does not make any sense "practically' to do; it does not make sense to stay in savoy without a real job and nothing to do but work on my spiritual "walk with God" and search for a purpose for my life, my "calling". I'm starting to come to terms with Him, to stop kicking and screaming for my appeasement and start listening. "Very few of us hear the call of God because we are not in a place to answer." -Oswald Chambers I'll probably be quoting this guy a lot in the next few weeks; such straight up truth. Read it if you have time "So I Send You/Workmen of God" Here's some more good stuff: "The call to service is the result of my obedience to the realized call of God. Profoundly speaking, there is no call to service for God; it is my own actual 'bit', the overflow of super abounding devotion to God."
HiHi!!!
Oh man sug, that last quote was a real good one. Sorry but my pr is the same ACTION!!! I'm constantly haunted by the verse Romans 7:14-15 "We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Honestly, I just need to pray and I'm falling apart without it, but I don't want to take the time to do it. I'm frustrating myself and killing myself at the same time. Also, please pray for my home life... I'm constantly trying to live up to everyone's standards of what they think I should do, how I should act, what I should look like, etc. In the end, I just feel defeated, useless, and overwhelmed. It's really stressing me out to the point where it's been taking its toll on my body. Everything said and done, I JUST NEED TO PRAY!!!
Hello my friends,
Hmmm... wow, i'm very challenged/encouraged by everyone's sharing. Thanks guys.
Well, without being completely proactive in faith and meeting with God, sin truly entangles... and it does it FAST. One example- after surrendering media when entering UIUC... today, 6 years later it has come back full force. I wake up to, drive to, think about, run to after work, sinfully enjoy, fall asleep to, and even dream to media. I've even googled the Golden Globes and was mad that I didn't end up going. So, basically, i have not obeyed in faith... "everything that does not come from faith is sin". YET, God is always So faithful and SO GOOD.
1) pray for DAILY repentence
2) I'm starting a discipleship training at my church.Pray for full committment and to listen to/hear for God's calling for me as a servant.
3) Obey/meet God/surrender things (possibly media?) as a response to the gospel.
4) Future- possible going to change companies out here, calling, husband, direction in general... "to live a life worthy of the calling [we] have received."
:) Suz (sorry so long)
Post a Comment
<< Home