Prayer Requests 8/16/07
Wow, looks like this thing didn't survive long over the summer. Well I'm in desperate need of prayer and my life is starting to settle for once, sort of. This summer was full of lots of great experiences for me in Japan and I believe God was using that to prepare me for the year. Since I've been back it's been such a battle of faith, to trust Him first and not worry about my life's circumstances. SO I continued to serve at retreats and CFC VBS. That's over now and I'm glad God allowed me to go through those things but my faith is still being tested. I still have no job down here, there are some temp jobs awaiting interviews next week but they're slow coming, but I'm still busy with serving the church with HOw to Survive and Minio both coming up; including sm groups starting next week. This is a busy time for our church I know, but I'm on my last string here.Yesterday I was working on stuff all day and on my way to another meeting I went threw a red light. I got pulled over and was told that I was driving on a suspended license. I had no idea. The officer told me she would normally take me to jail and impound my car but she said I could just park it at my friend's place and issued me a bond. So now I can't drive and have to go to court . . . if I have to file for an SR-22 (penalty insurance) again I dont think I'll be able to afford it. I'm also getting all my wisdom teeth pulled in two weeks. I just don't have money. My parents are helping me with the teeth, but I haven't told them about the car yet. THey're really frustrated with me about car stuff b/c I've had to do the SR-22 before and it cost a butt load of money. On top of that they really dont like that I'm down here.
I'm not trying to whine to you all or am asking for pity/empathy/whatever. This is really hard for me right now, I don't like getting help because I'm prideful but I have literally nothing for me right now and the Bible says share your burdens. So that's what I've been trying to do, is ask people to pray for me because I was seriously thinking about packing up and disappearing yesterday . . . yea i know that sounds stupid but it was just too much for me at the moment. Please please please pray for me, that I'd stop looking at myself and I'd look at Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith, that I'd do my best for this How to Survive that I'd do my best for Minio and all the other ministries I'm serving in, I just want to praise Him still ......
1 Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that you can do all things;
no plan of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.


3 Comments:
YAY!!! I missed all you guys. this summer's been a whirlwind for me and god, being the great guy that he is, totally broke me apart with the college ministry at harvest. love those guys... i'm kind of scared and excited for this upcoming school year, excited to see what god's going to do, scared and excited cause i know he's going to totally break me apart. please just pray that i have a heart of fatihfulness, submission, and thankfulness. thanx guys!!!
hey guys pray for my future. its undecided. i have submitted applications to boston,italy,and korea. where will i be next year? i want to travel far, but i have my church commitments here. should i stay unemployed and serve? or take an offer and leave? what to do... what to do...
also pray for my sanity. i'm losing my mind. pray that i don't.
i have tinnitus in both ears. i got it from j-gen and it's permanent. pray that i can cope with it. otherwise i'm just gonna go crazy. =)
God is faithful guys...I hope that last post didn't discourage you. Even though I'm broke and soon to be in debt, let me tell you God is GOOD. I lost my driver's license for a reason. He wants me here in Champaign, and now I have no way of running from it, Praise GOD! He's watching out for me, making sure I grind it out here to grow in me what I need to grow in...I'm so excited what in how I'm going to grow this year, cause when it's the roughest you grow the most. I've never felt this helpless to survive on my own in my life but God is teaching me humility and mercy. Please post your updates or prayer requests, they REALLY keep me accountable to prayer and I DO PRAY for you all. CAN YOU GUYS SEE HOW AWESOME GOD IS? BELIEVE IT, LIVE IT!
"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" ~James 4:14.15
Post a Comment
<< Home