Thursday, May 31, 2007

Prayer Requests 5/31/07

PTL.......

...stands for Praise the Lord.

ive been awfully stressed out trying to plan something special for averi for our engagement... and it finally worked out. Worked out to a T in fact. Its kind of hard for me to go over exact details without making this too lengthy, so I will just try to give you a quick synopsis. i used a wedding as a decoy to surprise her, then on the way up to the fake wedding, i used another decoy to drag us out to the lawn of the planetarium where i had a picnic set up. i popped the question to her and she was crying like a toddler who just soiled themselves (except she was crying in a good way, same intensity though).

so thank God it worked out, because there was a whole lot that could have went wrong. she is happy and that was all i cared about, so mission accomplished. now, comes the tough part, planning for the wedding coming up in december and getting my parents on board. my dad is going to be coming around i think... but my mom, shes pretty crazy. so i will need lots of prayer in that area.

a couple other things that i can use prayer for:
-premarital counseling- averi and i have been going to a couple of these things and it sure can be overwhelming, but good. please pray for us that we ill be willing to get down and dirty with our counseling sessions in order for our relationship to grow more
-finding a job... so i found out i got cut from taft... which might be a blessing in disguise, but i found a few other prospects... one is right next tothe school where averi works, which would be awesome. please pray that i can get some job security soon so i can concentrate more effort on helping averi plan for the wedding and saving some $.
thanks for all the advice, and prayers, and the encouragement... it means so much to me

PTL
-phil

3 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yay phil!!!
k, I'm debbie downer... but i need some prayer!!! My parents got into a pretty big fight this week and at this point they're sleeping in separate rooms. It's odd cause while i feel really defeated at the same time i see a lot of opportunity for God to work. Please pray that there is opportunity and that He will use this to soften their hearts. Please pray that I surrender my family to him... I'm realizing that's the biggest thing I hold onto, thinking that I can fix them somehow. Thanx!!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for my passport . . . I am not worried but still I leave in a week and I can't get through to the agency. They just drop my calls. The guy said call back June 7th, but I leave June 10th. Please pray that God will provide, also for a few teammates who are experiencing the same problem.
Training has been awesome. So much prayer, so much fighting, so many blessings . . . post, I have tons of prayer time and need more things to pray about!
Oh and also please pray for Japan, God is going to do amazing things.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so this is a late post, but pray for my times with God. they need to get better. it's going alright, but i miss the good times with God... and it feels like it's been so long.

also pray for a thankful, grateful heart. i'm very unthankful. very complaining since i got home from college.

and lastly, pray for a surrendered heart to the Lord concerning my future. i'm making all these plans that seem GREAT but that means nothing without the Lord directing my steps.

thanks guys!! i hope you all are doing well... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home