Prayer Requests 4/30/07

Hello my sister and brothers,
Things have been going all over the place for me, and God's been really turning me inside out. It's been really hard but good at the same time. Honestly, I'm at a position where I'm stuck and have nowhere to run, which is a good thing because I'm being forced to face reality and am learning to feed myself spiritually. My greatest concern above all things is my family. Its been a huge roller coaster being at home, I never know what's going to happen each day, I don't know whether I'm going to be walking into perfect harmony or a stormy mess. Its been especially hard because I can see how empty, how broken, and how much we all need a savior. My dad is pretty much an alcoholic, I don't know whether he's going to be drunk or sober by the time I get home. I have no idea where my sister's at, i know that she's not attending church and thinks that i'm overly involved. However, I know that God is working... My mom has been wanting to go to church with me and I'm really excited, but I haven't had the opportunity to take her because she's been golfing every Sunday. Please pray for:
- opportunity: I know my family are searching for something and I pray that they find Jesus.
- relationship: my parents have always had a rocky relationship and my dad is like a gas leak, any small spark can make him explode.
- grace and wisdom: that I'm a light for them, I've been totally sucking it up to this point, but I know I need more Jesus in my life to be like him.
- strength: Also, i know this is redundant, but my body has never been so sickly before, please pray for strength and healing.
~sharon

9 Comments:
Hi guys & gals.
My prayer request is
1. To live a healthy life style - spiritually & physically.
2. Pray for a good church @ Stanford.
3. Pray that I will be good to my students and have a serving & loving heart. ( they're getting on my nerves and part of me can't wait to get rid of em. haha )
Miss you guys. Bye!
-herie-
hey people,
lets see... i just feel pretty drained these days. i think my faith has taken a beating this year--it's gone through lots of ups and downs. but when it comes down to it, it's a fight for faith, right? which means i need to fight for it. i forget that a lot, so when i start getting confused or discouraged or just tired, i just sit there, instead of going back to God. so please pray that I do that. and that i trust that during hard times, God is actually building my faith--that all this isn't in vain.
also, if you could pray that God would convict me about what to do about my church situation. it's really hard at my home church--but i dont want to leave just because it's hard. but at the same time, i really think im suffering spiritually due to the lack of community and good teaching. so i need to make some decisions.
thanks,
esther
Hello my friends,
Well, sorry for the absences these past few weeks. :)
Well... before when I was doing the Experiencing God discipleship, I was doing good with God... depending on Him with great accountability from my group, evaluating my heart, fighting to grow deeper, etc. But after the 12 weeks ended (a couple of weeks ago)... My life has become "great" where I'm really HAPPY!! OH NO!! I've been sucked into the chilled, CONTENT, beach, adventure life of sunny California. BUT, i am thankful because I recently realized this at a prayer meeting at my church. Being one of the leaders, while preparing for it throughout the week I realized how my heart has detached from seeking God and His will in all aspects of my life... from the big things to the smallest of the small things. My heart felt unsettled,insecure, proud, and sad? THUS, i knew something was not right spiritually. Now that God has revealed these negative emotions intertwined with the cheap happiness of my life... please pray that I will go against the grain of my selfishness and FIGHT. Pray that I will meet Him daily again in prayer and the Word. Pray that I will repent for my heart of apathy and contentment in the world, and that I would turn to God... seeing the reality of my heart and the reality of God's greatness.
Much appreciated. :)
I've become a very ugly person...only focused on my unhappiness and what i want that i haven't been there for the ppl around me. Ive been really grumpy these past few weeks and didnt care. All i could think was...this is my time to complain God. I always listen..now its my time to complain b/c i have every right to complain. But i dont. I have so much to be thankful for and now i see the affect my negative attitude has had on my roommates and friends. Please pray that I will die to myself. Stop complaining and pushing ppl away but love those around me. Not make anyone feel like a burdern but loved.
please pray for my finals. I am a dead woman. thanks guys:) you are loved.
God revealed to me this past week the reason why i struggle so much with prayer. its not because i don't care for His people, but its because of my lack of faith in God's power through prayer.
i can seriously hear God yelling at me...
"sitha!! if you truly believe in My power then you would always be praying for others."
but yet its such a struggle to stay committed daily. also, my morning QTs and my commitment to finish reading the bible has been progressing through the months (thanks for your prayers), but yet i feel so distant from God right now. i wonder if i fell into a heartless routine at some point? i was once hungry to be fed, but now that i ate, am i not hungry anymore?
please pray for me.
-i need to have faith in God's power.
-pray that my prayers will become bold prayers of faith.
-pray for a revival of joy in spending time with God.
-pray that God breaks me. i need to be reminded of this undeserving grace that i receive.
-and finally (sorry)... i'm giving a seminar on relationships and dating this friday in yg, please pray for God's wisdom and my total dependency on Him as i continue to prepare this week. with this topic... i'm probably the least wisest. so, i really need God's hand to work.
thanks.
Hey guys,
So last week my boss came to my cube with an awkward smile and a memo from my previous boss. She handed me a job description for a position that my previous boss (Kathy) wants me for, and was saying how she will be sad to lose me if I decide to take the spot but it would be an excellent opportunity. So the weekend was coming and I didn’t think much of it. Then yesterday our director comes to my cube looking really excited and tells me more about the position and that it would be a great experience, but don’t think I am pressuring you into taking it Kathy is trying to steal you:). So then I started to think quite a lot about it asking questions and what not since a response is needed ASAP. The position is 100% travel and the duration is anywhere from 12 to 30 months. So yeah I am uncertain as to what I should do, stay where I am or pursue this opportunity. I feel undeserving of being sought after for this position whether I take it or not mainly because I update God as infrequently as I update you guys. At this very moment I am leaning towards staying where I am at, but moments before that I was leaning towards taking it. So with prayer we will see what happens, thanks.
Hey Guys
All your blog updates/prayer requests are so rebuking and encouraging. I can totally see how we are fighting to live a Christ centered life at this stage in life. During this time, when I am bedridden and have ample time on my hands, I will definitely remember to pray for each and every one of you; Sharon, Herie, Esther, Theresa, Susana, Sitha and Dan.
This week has been going decently well, this morning I actually began to read through scripture and pray, and it felt really good. I easily forget how powerful God's word and prayer is, just like Sitha said, the lack of faith in the power of prayer is the reason why I don't pray hard, nor big prayers. I am also realizing that all my prayers are so "me" driven and not "for God". Please pray that as I recover from surgery, which went well, that I would really dig deep into God's word and pray "for God" prayers and each and everyone of y'all. :)
Thanks Guys, and keep fighting, each and every one of your updates and requests are so refreshing and honest that it humbles me to the point where all "I" can do is pray, esp. with this handicapped leg of mine. :)
Konbanwa tomodachi desu!
I am really excited for intensive training but it's still two weeks away :( God has been faithful through the support I've been getting and I'm pumped for Japan, I really want to put myself out there and try my best to win people for Christ, so I've been praying a lot about every minute I'm there for the 5 weeks I'll be there. I don't ever want to slow down or get discouraged or give up, so I need massive amounts of prayer to keep going while I'm there. My other request is that I have that attitude RIGHT NOW. I only have a few weeks left with my kids and I know that I can't change their hearts but God can do anything whether it's plant seeds for future change or be an example of Christ to them or who knows radical conversion! Point is I need to be on my KNEES for them too! PRAYER is POWER you guys! Nothing happens unless someone prays for it to happen!!! Do you want there to be radical spiritual movement in your life? Then get on your knees! LET'S DO THIS! I'm so pumped to pray, hopefully it lasts forever :)
I wrote a PR and it's not up here!!!
ITs okay. One day has passed and my PR's have already changed.
1. God sent me through spiritually severe storm & trial a year ago involving my friends. He used it like crazy to test & refine my character and to teach me a lot about His Will, people, and humility. But now that the storm has long passed, i'm realizing this week that my heart still has many wounds. which is why i hibernated socially like crazy this past year. please pray that ultimately, i'll begin to crawl out of my hole and love people again. not on my own but with His strength.
2. Trust. I was writing the PR yesterday and i realized that with my prayer issues, i really lack trust. I don't Trust God. I just... don't trust Him. i have so much doubt... BUT today as i went spent some time journaling, reading scripture and talking with God i've realized that regardless of whether i trust Him or not, i have a choice. To either run after Him with ALL i have and trust Him with everything regardless...or to keep holding back, to never let go and lean on Him.
Pray that I just trust God.
Post a Comment
<< Home